No matter if you’ve just moved in or already live in Allentown, Pennsylvania, there’s one thing that all residents new or old share – an endless search for new and exciting things to take part in around town. If you’ve jumped into the search for spring activities, fear not, because there’s a wealth of things to do and places to visit that are fun and interesting for any audience. We’ll help you begin your search for the best spring activities in Allentown that will be worth your while, outdoors or indoors. There’s always something for everyone, whether you live in the luxury apartments of Allentown, Lehigh Valley, or simply around the general area.
The Joy of Spring in Allentown
There are a variety of places to visit in Allentown that are fun for the whole family and friends. To make the most of the spring weather, rain or shine, consider one of the various locations and events that are open to the public.
1. Embrace Art and History
Pennsylvania is known for its rich American history as one of the original Thirteen Colonies of the United States. With a place that is known for its history, there are a plethora of museums to visit, learn from about the past and appreciate the art that inhabits them.
- America On Wheels – This museum contains a variety of vintage vehicles that paint the historical picture of their past and their evolution towards modern times. The vehicles on display are in great condition despite their age, with the wonderful staff providing their history and details about the cars.
- Allentown Art Museum – The Allentown Art Museum has a collection of exhibits, galleries and events that contain a multitude of preserved artwork and installations. The goal of the location is to inform and educate the public on the historical context of the artwork.
Allentown, Pennsylvania has shopping locations fit for a king! There are many places where you can get more bang for your buck, so here’s one of our favorites.
- Allentown Fairgrounds Farmer’s Market – On top of fresh produce, farm-grown meats and other fresh foods, this farmers market offers an amazing variety of options to choose from. With all of the products from local merchants, you can rest assured that you’re getting the best quality homemade, homegrown goods for a reasonable price.
3. Stroll in the Park
To really get the true feeling of spring, there are great parks located in Allentown that you can walk around and bask in the beautiful outdoor scenery.
- Trexler Memorial Park – Located about 5 minutes away from Woodmont Ridge, Trexler Memorial Park offers two beautiful paths for walking, running and biking. Enjoy the pond view and stunning, lush landscape.
- Allentown Rose Gardens – Small, yet picturesque, the hallmark of the park is the scenery of roses and ponds that make it a great place to take pictures for numerous occasions.
4. Enjoy the Local Sports Team
If you admire sports and share a love for supporting the local teams, then these venues are ideal to get that local game fix and enjoy a day out in the open air of spring.
- Coca-Cola Park – Home of the Minor League Baseball team, the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs, Coca-Cola Park is known for their great seating and family-friendly atmosphere.
- PPL Center – Home of the American Hockey League, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, the PPL Center arena is a great two-for-one location. The popular venue doubles as a sporting hub as well as a performing arts center for concerts and other special events.
Apartments for Rent in Allentown, Pennsylvania
Looking to experience all the places mentioned and more while being close to the action? Consider renting an apartment at Woodmont Ridge, which has locations in both Allentown and Lehigh Valley. With a variety of living accommodations, floor plans, and convenient locations, Woodmont Ridge has something for everyone that is looking to rent an apartment to call their own. Contact us if you have any questions, or would like to schedule a visit to see what kind of apartment fits you best.